Friday, February 25, 2011

I loved being 19

Do you ever hear and song and just by hearing it you are somewhere in the past. Maybe that song takes you right to a favorite memory or place and you really feel like you are back there, in that moment. I love Greenday's Boulevard of Broken Dreams. When I listen to it I can feel a spring breeze, coming in through Jamie's Monte Carlo windows, with a couple of frappes in the drink holder and a couple of tickets to Virginia Beach. It makes me remember new love and the suspense of things that may happen. It makes all the bad emotions and low self esteem of the past just shatter. There was something magic about that time that has carried through our marriage. Anyway this song just takes me there and I feel like I am 19 all over again.
(Note: this song does have ONE bad word in it, fortunately I found an edited version. : / sorry!)

Do you have a song that takes you back to a certain time or place? A song that is timeless to you?


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Every time I hear "My Girl" I think of Kirk singing it to Jessica as a baby. Very nice memory! Joyce

Stac-face said...

The song that takes me back is The Trapeze Swinger by Iron and Wine. It reminds me of summer.