Friday, August 1, 2008

If You Need a Good Laugh, the Later Half of This Story is For You

Ah, ah, ah...let's be positive before negative...

So lets start off this blog with some very, very good news that Jamie and I aquired today! We have been struggling a bit since we moved financially...always easy to do so though when you move and one of you doesn't have a job to start out with. We have been starting to catch up lately and I have just been putting together for some time that we may still struggle until next June, when Jamie will have been in this new job position for one whole year and will be up to par completly with bonus' and such. Come to find out they love him so much that he will actually be up to par here within the next three months! THANK GOD! I knew He would provide, it is just hard to see things when they are so fuzzy : ) Also I found out that I may already have a stay at home job waiting for me in March of next year...more to come on that later if it works out...

On the bitter side...

Today was a pretty good day as I was feeling healthy and energetic...until....my stupid tooth decided it wanted to ache. Now sometimes these things happen and you let it go because you probably did something to aggitate it and you know that for the most part this too will pass. Well mine did not. To the point that I was being a royal pain in poor, poor, Jamie's side and just had to go to Wally world and get something for it. SO we go there and by the time I am at the register I am freaking out, ready to throw the worlds largest tantrum. (Something about being pregnant makes you think...I AM GOING THROUGH ENOUGH RIGHT NOW! OKAY! I HAVE THE RIGHT TO BE THIS CRAZY!) So I immediatly take the gel and squeeze it in my mouth, and of course it didn't hit the tooth I wanted it too it went everywhere but where I wanted it, making me ticked off as I do not like that numbing feeling that it provides. (I hope you find this as funny and ironic as I do...these things always happen to me.) We get home and Jamie helps me out by making me gargle and then putting the gel on for me like the sweetie he is. Then something really really strange happens. I have this pulsating, stiffening feeling going from my jaw line to my collar bone. At first I put it off and think...I am making things up in my head...its just irony that it is on the exact same side of my body as my naughty tooth. This feeling continues for about an hour before I start spazing out. Forget the toothache...now I am having chest and neck pains and start to...you guessed it...FREAK OUT. I call my Dad (by this time Jamie wasn't sure what to do with me as I was a blubbering mess.) He tells me to call Rachel. Now why didn't I think of that?? Because I am pregnant and have no brain cells left that's why. Rachel is one of my good friends who just happens to be a nurse, we have known each other for years and both live in the Chicago area now : ) SO I call Rachel, she tells me to take Ibuprofen and see if it gets better...if it doesnt, I was ordered to go to the ER. Well thank God my chest pains and neck stiffness went away. Could it be possible that I was allergic to the gel???? That is the only thing that somes to mind. I feel asleep for two hours and my tooth woke me up again. BUT Thank God I am not in the ER right??? I guess well find out what happens with this crazy tooth. And thank the Lord for my amazing husband who is not only patient in my hysteria but never complains and never questions my mood swings and symptoms.
The point of this story if that pregnant women are crazy! Everything has to be so much bigger than it is and drawn out. Hope you got a laugh out of this...I know I did...I always do once I step back and look at how on earth everything can go down so....so....choatically.

3 comments:

Barbara said...

Awwwww! I know how over the top things seem when you're pregnant, but sheesh, that would've been scary anyhow! I would say no more gel! Hope you get some relief soon!!! And kudos to Jamie for being such a support. :)

Melanie said...

This sounds so much like something that would happen to Barbara...it's like family! Hee hee!

Skipper Lou said...

haha glad to be like family : )