Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Our Indiana Weekend

The picture above may not look like anything to get to excited over( especially for those of you who live in Indiana and drive through scenery like this all the time) but for Jamie and me this was one of the most comforting views we have seen in a while. The noises, sounds and smells of the city make you really appreciate sights like this : )







Our trip to Peru was fantastic! We were able to stay the night on Thursday night at Alena's new home in Fort Wayne. It had a very comfortable feeling to it and I slept right through the night. We went to Peru on Friday morning and went to lunch with Zack (a very good friend of ours who practically lived at our house on the weekends when we lived in Peru). We also went to Hainline apple orchard to get some cherry apple cider. When we got there I got so excited! I have been wanting to go to an orchard since fall set in and I was able to go TWICE this weekend! The picture to the left is of the pumpkins at Hainline.

We also went out to dinner that night with Zack and our other good friend Tom. We just goofed off like we used to. We went to walmart and starbucks and white castle. I haven't laughed that hard over nothing in a long time. When we left them that evening, Jamie and I got a little emotional. We used to hang out with them every weekend and now it is once in 5 months. It made me realize that you should cherish time with people while you have it.

Saturday we went out to brunch (I suppose it was brunch) with Jamie's brother Ricky and his wife Cassy. We also picked up Ricky and Jamie's nephew, Vinny, on the way. It was so much fun! We went to Cracker Barrel with Cassy's recomendation (thank goodness she did because I would have begged and begged until we went. For those of you who don't know I have been craving Cracker Barrel since we moved! The closest one to us is about an hour and a half away!) We were cracking up at Vinny! He just turned 11 and had the funniest smart remarks about our crazy waitress and also about how he was the cutest at the table. It was great. After we dropped him off we headed to McClure Orchard to grab pumpkins! (for some reason I couldnt get that picture on here...but it was cool too) We picked out our pumpkins and then headed to dinner with Jamie's Dad and his girlfriend Jeannie. Afterward we carved pumpkins and hung out the rest of the night.

Sunday we woke up and got ready for our day! I had the baby shower to go to and Jamie was going to see his close friend Aaron and goof off with him for the day. First we went to lunch with my Dad's sister's, nieces, and mother. It was nice to spend time with them, especially since they made the trip over there just for the shower!! The shower was amazing! I think there were between 30 and 35 people there. Alena and Marianna went all out! There were sandwiches and fruit, cake, cheese ball, meatballs...and other things that I cant even remember! It was beautiful! We got all kinda of clothes and gift cards and diapers...I think I counted 1000!!! (Not to mention that after the shower people had used items at their homes that they let us take! We have everything we need except for a high chair!!! We are TRUELY blessed!) I have to say one of my favorite things I got was a Vera Bradley backpack filled with spa items (bubble bath and soaps and lotions) from Cassy. She said that the mom needs a gift too...what a gift!! I cant wait to pamper myself!!!

After the shower we went to dinner with Aaron, Allison and little Landon and then went home and watched Iron Man with Jamie's Dad. I went to bed early that night and on Monday we got up early and went to visit Barbara (a dear friend of mine for years). We got to sit and talk for a while and hang out with two of her three kids and her adorable dog.

WHEW...so that is everything that happened...a very eventful weekend but also very very good! And of course when something that good happens there has to be a catch right? Well ours was that our refrigerator had stopped working over the weekend so we had to come home to a nasty smelly mess...but thank the Lord our apartment complex replaced it all right away!I feel very blessed in every aspect...family, friends, things we need for the baby, etc... Thank you to everyone for your support and love! We appreciate everything you do!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Glad you had such a great weekend! WOOHOO!! It was awesome seeing you again, too!

And someday, I need to meet this prince of yours, this Jamie character. Hee hee! His Mom was giving me an earful at the baby shower, and you've gushed on and on about him on your blog...so he must be a pretty great guy! :)

Skipper Lou said...

Yea he is : ) really amazing...not sure how I ended up with him haha...come see us sometime!!!! : )