Thursday, November 6, 2008

Reflection

In my previous blog from years ago my theme was "filling the canyons". I really liked that concept...that I had massive canyons that I couldn't overcome and only by God's grace could fill those valleys to cross to the other side...only through Him could I pass over them. Back then it felt like a constant struggle in my life. "Here is another canyon, how will God fill it?" "This void is not filled yet...what will I do?"

I still have canyons today. I still have gaps in my life that I cannot over come and I do not understand how to get past. The difference between then and now is that I realize those canyons are already filled. God already has a plan, a way, a will for me to overcome them through Him. I may not see the crossing right now...but if I walk out over the canyon in Faith, God will show me the way He has fulfilled it. I can't live in fear or worry, I have to live everyday in Faith and trust and step out there. Some days I may be falling a little and some days I may be a little behind...but I now realize I would rather be stepping out there. I would rather be stretching my hand out and calling for Him to rescue me, then be at the edge of a mountain quivering and never getting anywhere.

For we walk by faith, not by sight...2 Corinthians 5:7

No comments: