Friday, May 29, 2009

Three small steps= mommy melt down

Today was kind of a big deal for me. Annalee came over and we decided to go on a walk. I pulled out the stroller and went to put the infant seat in it but thought...lets just see how well Jubilee can sit in it on her own. AND wouldn't ya know...she sat up in it just fine and when I asked her....what do ya think she smiled. She is growing up! I know it doesn't sound like a huge deal but this isn't all!!!! When I was feeding her after the walk she held her bottle...on her own...for probably about 1/3 of the feeding time. AND THEN she was tired after that so she was being whiney. I had been patting her back and trying to get her to burp over my shoulder. Once she had burped I went to pull her away and in front of me so I could see her face and she started crying and REACHED BOTH ARMS OUT FOR ME! She has never done that! Granted, she has reached out a hand to touch my face or to grab something but never both hands reaching out to me crying. It made me melt. She is just getting so big. *sigh*

1 comment:

Barbara said...

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! These moments in motherhood really do make you melt, don't they?! I still tear up when I think about tiny baby Jacob who was so fussy (about 5 days old) and I made up our "Happy Song" and sang it to him and he immediately calmed down. I would sing to him til he was about 4 and it always calmed him down. No one else knew our special song; it was just between mommy and her boy.
It's amazing how exhausting babies can be, how they take you to the edge physically, mentally, emotionally, but then all it takes is a smile, a giggle, a reaching out of her hands to you, and nothing else in the entire universe matters but your sweet baby! :)