Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Life

This past weekend Jamie and I were able to see Pastor Nathan and Abby get married. It was an amazing time! There was a mix of different traditions as Pastor Nathan has some Native American background and Abby is Indian (not the Native American kind :] ). They made it very personal and had lots of amazing people in it. It was at a Bible Camp in the woods and the weather was perfect! Not to mention the drive up there (it was in Wisconsin) was absolutley breathtaking. I love driving through the backroads of America. I could have stopped so many times along the way in all of the picture perfect towns. Abby and Nathan were stunning! And the food...I my word....Abby's mom made chicken curry, chicpeas, rice, and pita for everyone. It was fantastic!



There was a pretty scary moment at the wedding though. Pastor Kirk made an announcement that a little 4 year old boy named Caleb was missing. Everyone sitting near and around us realized he meant OUR little Caleb...Adrianne and Malcolm's son...they attend our church. Everyone from our church scattered...there were probably about 35 of us. A couple of us stayed where we were to hang out with the other children. I just remember seeing how panicked Adrianne was. She was running around yelling her little boys name. I also remember thinking that there were two lakes that were easily accessible. It seemed like the search continued for hours...although I know it was only a couple of minutes. Finally Adrianne saw him up by the main road and she started yelling for him saying...Im right here Caleb, Im right here. It brings tears to my eyes to just replay it! It was horrific and I realized that my child is going to put me through this kind of nightmarish ordeal one day...the kind where I don't know where to hug her or beat the living snot out of her!



Jubilee is getting so big and getting heavier. It is weird though she still fits in most of her 0-3 month clothing. I cannot believe she will be 5 months at the end of this month. It is crazy! She and Daddy had a moment last night when I was at worship practice. He was playing with her and she kept laughing and laughing. I have never seen her do this before but I am glad he was able to experience it...sometimes I feel like he is cheated being at work and all and not being able to experience any of the firsts or the new things.



God is great and He is amazing. He provides for all of my needs. He really does...and I am just so thankful that He cares. My newest desire:



Philippians 4:11-13
11 ...for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. 12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13 I can do everything through him who gives me strength.


No comments: