Monday, July 19, 2010

Crazy Customers

When you work in retail you are bound to run into crazy, no-so-much there, off their rocker kinda folks...it is BOUND to happen! BUT I feel like when they come into my store they all call each other and make sure they can all come in on the same day to drive me mad! So this was my day the other day...


First lady comes in with her little poodle-puppy-thing (who is named Mia apparently). The lady comes up to me and is saying "Mia, say hi to the nice lady...say hi..." this lady then tells me how she takes little Mia everywhere and that she especially loves to go to diners. AND it is perfectly harmless because she just carries her around in her ginormous bag and no one ever questions that Mia may be hidding in there. So me...being the person I am...tried to join in saying "Do you have any other pets?" The lady looked and me and said...OH NO! Mia is my ONLY relative in Illinois. "Does she get along with other dogs?" was my next question...the lady looked at me, kind of shoved Mia to the side as if trying to shelter her dog from this conversation and said "Mia doesn't really know she is a dog."

I understand that people love their pets....God knows I would be lost without mine....BUT WOW. Wow.....

Then a couple came in who had to be in their mid 30's...the lady looks over at me...starts jumping up and down and then says to here man (mind you I am standing like 3 feet in front of them) LOOK! She is sooooo close to having her baby! (Yanking on his shirt) Look over there hunny (pointing) look!

AS IF I AM JUST A SPECTACLE FOR EVERYONE TO STARE AT AND WANDER! Yuck....please people....

And that incident wouldn't have bothered me so much except that the next person to approach me...rubbed my belly "for good luck" as she said....

I DONT KNOW WHO YOU ARE BUT YOU DONT JUST APPROACH SOMEONE YOU DONT EVEn KNOW AND RUB THEM! I DONT KNOW WHO YOU ARE OR WHERE YOUR SUPERSTIOUS HANDS HAVE BEEEEN!!!!!!!!!!!!! UGH! (Sorry Im getting a little excited...)

And to top it off...a lady I have only seen once....comes in handing me a bottle of some kind of energy flavored water. She claims that it makes you energized and that it tastes so good. She looks at me in a creepy way and says "Drink it....it will me you feel...so...much...better....and you just look so tired sweetie" and then stares at my belly.

As she walks away I read the label and it says "Not for children or pregnant women"

Maybe the preggo in me brings out the crazy and creepy in people...I really dont know....

2 comments:

Jessica May Lords said...

People are WEIRD around pregnant women, or so I hear a lot. You should get one of these shirts:

http://notwithoutmy.com/closet/touch-belly-lose-hand-shirt/

http://www.zazzle.com/do_not_touch_my_belly_tshirt-235946986971623135

Or maybe you rub their belly "for luck" after they rub yours

Stac-face said...

She really rubbed you? Jeez, what do you look like, a leprachaun?