Monday, July 18, 2011

New Ventures

I realized today that I haven't blogged in a week! I have had two bigger things going on and I guess I just didn't realize how much of my time it has taken up : )


One of them is very, very, very, VERY unexpected! I had this awesome idea that I wanted to make Jubilee and Justice a homemade tutu. I really didn't have a whole lot of money to spend but Jamie had a hobby lobby gift card so we decided to go browse. While it was HIS card he told me to spend some of it : ) so I spent three dollars on tool. I came home, had a good idea of what I was going to do, made the tutus and just couldn't get over how cute I thought they were. The more people I showed the more I kept thinking "maybe I can do something with this." SO I started an Etsy which is really fun but really intimidating because the people on there are just so crafty!!!!


I have had no luck on my Etsy but I have had a little more interest on facebook and on the page I made there for "The Whimsical Hutch" which is what I decided to call my tutus. I would LOVE to do more, but I am trying to just get these tutus out the door before I take on something else. It has been two days and I have had 5 inquiries about it and one order! I completed the order as soon as I got it! HAHA so I just need her to come and pick it up before it is officially my first one sold : ) I have a lot of hope in this project and am just praying that God will allow it to grow. I have other ideas of finding a booth somewhere to rent with a friend but it would really have to be the right price. : )


Justice modeling a longer tutu "Sorbet Sunday"

"Sorbet Sunday" up close

Juju modeling "Typical Princess"






SO we will see where this goes! If you have any friends you can recommend here is my Etsy or
my facebook page.


My second thing that I have been really involved with is Epic, our new church. I just love being there! I have mostly been helping out with music/worship but am looking for other ways to help out. If you can pray for Pastor Ryan and Holly and the rest of the team I would appreciate it! It has to be so intimidating to start a new church plant and there are people just pouring themselves into this. It's scary and exciting all at once! We had a movie night in the park Thursday for the community and I loved it. We watched Nemo, which I have seen a million times, but there is something about sitting outside, mingling with community and church family, hanging out with my girls and Jamie...I don't know...I really loved it. Justice was entranced in it and wouldn't take her eyes off the screen. She was also holding my hand during it (melt my heart!) Juju could have cared less about the movie, she was just being her little social butterfly self : ) We have more events coming up and our big public launch in on my birthday!


So that is everything going on here! More to come later

1 comment:

Stac-face said...

The tutus are super cute!