Monday, July 11, 2011

Teriyaki Pineapple Salmon Burgers

I tried to get a picture of this AWESOME meal Jamie made us tonight, but it just didn't turn out.

Simple and delicious...I can not WAIT to make this for my parents this weekend.

I found these Salmon Burgers at Aldi (4 for about 3 bucks...not bad!) and was trying to figure out what to make for them. I didn't want to do a traditional burger...

Jamie started by putting some oil, onions and garlic in a skillet and letting it warm up a bit. Then he added the salmon burgers. I made the teriyaki sauce which was just brown sugar, soy and worcestershire sauce. I usually make mine really sweet but I tried to hold off a little since we were going to add pineapple. Jamie added the sauce to the patties and let them cook until done. The sugar caramelizes and just fills the kitchen with an awesome smell! I personally didn't want to put the pineapple in the skillet...I waited because warm/cooked pineapple to me is weird.

After Jamie took them out he put honey roasted almond slices on the patties (we ate our burgers with no buns) and then we layered the pineapple on it (I had bought my pineapple fresh/already cored in produce. I only do that if it is manager special or I am just craving it way much HAHA) The fresh cold pineapple just really added to the taste and the almonds made this amazing texture. It inspired an idea to have almond crusted salmon next time. Let me know if you try this and if you enjoy it!

No comments: