Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Time with the Hubby

You would think that living in this new place that all I would have time to do is hang out with my husband...NOPE...I feel like because of our very diverse work schedules that it is just the opposite. So anytime that we have time to actually go out and do something makes me quite happy.

Last weekend we went to the tricks/magic shop which was a hoot! Last night we went out and got two for one beef hot dogs which I LOVE! Jamie ventured out and tried the chicago style which is mustard, relish, celery salt, onion, tomato, and a spear pickle. He said he really enjoyed it and could see why it was a favorite in the area...I wasn't as bold and went with the chili cheese dog, which was fabulous! (I already knew this because my good friend Jessica took me to get one already ) The chili on it wasn't just meat sauce it really had beans in it, so I really liked it!

After our little venutre to Photos (the hot dog place) we went to a halloween superstore and laughed at all the silly things. We almost got our heads cut off by an animated Jason that we didnt realize was on. So when he moved his arm abruptly with his scary plastic knife we kind of jumped and the employees of the store laughed at us. : ) Glad we could make thier evening haha. After all the crazy halloween displays we went next door to Petco and looked at the turtles and missed ours...we used to have three...but seeing them in the water was good enough I suppose. I have enough things going on without adding a high maintenance tank to my life! We also went to Michaels and looked at art supllies and fall decor...sigh...I love fall.

It was a really nice evening and we were both giggly and silly as if on a first or second date. It was nice to just be goofy and look around even though we are dirt poor : ) As soon as we got home Jamie got really tired though and our night ended up being cut short with us falling asleep at 10...LOL...when did we become old??? We used to be able to stay up until 3 in the morning and get back up and go to work and do it all over again the next day.

Well back to work for me today... I have to close tonight and tomorrow night and then open the following day...YIKES...that is gonna be a little hard for me. BUT I do get Friday evening off and Saturday and Sunday and Monday off! My new manager loves me! She not only gave me the weekend off, but next week I only have day shift hours! It is going to be amazing : )

2 comments:

Melanie said...

I love turtles. I didn't know you had them as pets in the past. How cool!

Skipper Lou said...

Yeah Jamie and I actually had three that we got rid of because of apartment space issues : ( I miss them they were so little...Jamie also had three when we were dating that he gave to a family with kids because of space issues once again haha