Thursday, January 20, 2011

Colossians 4:2-6

I was reading this passage today and it really just spoke to me. This verse is really the desire of my heart right now. 

2 Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful. *Pray for things, but be aware when they do or don't happen. I believe that this verse is telling me to be hopeful, when it uses the word watchful. Be hopeful in watching for the result and thankful for God's will either way.* 3 And pray for us, too, that God may open a door for our message,*Pray intentionally for people or for situations. Paul was asking others to pray for him to have direct results for specific situations, and I think I should do the same for my own life* so that we may proclaim the mystery of Christ, for which I am in chains. *Paul was in prison at this point in time, but isn't it interesting that sometimes things that keep us from Christ may be chains also* 4 Pray that I may proclaim it clearly, as I should. *Not just praying for opportunities to give and to love but act on them as they are present and be aware that every moment is for a reason*5 Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity.*Love everyone and show God's grace even to strangers. That may be the only glimpse of me that they are able to see the love or Grace of Christ. Aside there is already so much hate in the world...what a little love and understanding going to hurt* 6 Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone. *The first part...making sure that you are full of grace is obvious...the seasoned with salt part I was actually a little confused about so I called Pastor Kirk.(I miss them!) Salt in the day was not only used to preserve but also to make the quality of your food better. So not only give grace, but make sure your conversations are of quality and not just garbage.*

There is so much packed into that passage! I know that I have a lot of area for growth in this love and grace thing. Just so much hope here! Hope in humanity and situations. So many people are hurting and lost, and through Christ's love and only His love....I may be able to reach someone.  

1 comment:

darthchester said...

You hit that head on. What a powerful passage. :)