Friday, January 28, 2011

Parellels

Yesterday was the first day of a couple of harsh days here in our home. We took away Jubilee's pacifier and as you can see she is very very fond of it.
















And isn't she just the cutest with it?! We let her carry it around with her everywhere until she was about 18 months and then it was time to cut back a little. Ever since she has only been able to have on at nap time, bedtime, doctor appointments, or on really bad bad days (like the day we visited the ER.)



Well as you can see she found comfort and joy and affectionately referred to it as her sunny...as Dad had so named it when we bought her first one.

I decided it was time to get rid of it because it is affecting her teeth and she is WAY to dependent of it. She becomes demanding and really mean if she can't find it.

Last night she was up until 3am. She was refusing to sleep and screaming and crying and kicking and just all kinds of mad. We tried to explain to her that she was a big girl now. We even gave her one that I had cut the end off of to show her it was gone and she even threw it away....but still begged for her sunny. About 2 or 3 was when I was trying to comfort her and tell her I understood her being sad and how hard it is to grow up and move on, but she didn't want anything to do with me. Didn't want hugs, didn't want me to talk to her, just mean. I felt my heart breaking. I didn't want to put her through this kind of hurt. I was just doing it for her well being and because I knew it was best. Aside...she has everything else around here! Toys and bears and blankies and books and sippy cups.

Sometimes I can see why we are called children of God. God does something and instead of seeing the well being of it or knowing He really does have the best intentions, we go into our "MINE!" modes and becomes little frantic two year olds looking for our sunnys when we have so much else we could find comfort in. He even tries to reach out to us and we are just so upset that we don't want to listen to Him. I can truly see the parallel now. And I know I have broken His heart. Even not reacting in a bad way and just being sad I can see how He could grieve with me over things that I have lost. This all just really opened up my eyes.



Poor Juju...she has been in there an hour today and still won't take her nap. She HAS to be exhausted. LOL We will see how day two ends!



2 comments:

Stac-face said...

I know it's not exactly the same, but it reminds me of taking my kittens to the vet. They bite and scratch and cry the entire way there (I STILL have a big cut on my neck from one of them clawing me). I hate taking them and I always feel so bad when I do...but I know that the best and most loving thing I can give them is their shots, to make sure they don't get sick and stay healthy a long time. Sometimes I think that the bad times we go through are God's way of giving us our "shots".

Skipper Lou said...

your cats are totally like your kids so its pretty much the same : ) AND they are adorable!