Saturday, June 29, 2013

Raising the Bar

In our adventure to eat plants I have noticed how easy it is to over compensate with grains and starches. I think I am going to try a couple of things to keep it in check. I think I am going to try to have one completely raw food day once a week. It's a little scary but I've come this far why can't I try it? I am also going to limit grains to once a day. So if I have brown rice for lunch it's gonna have to be quinoa for dinner and I am also going to make my own breads,pitas, tortillas, etc. I can manage the ingredients by using whole wheat and no sugar and I can replace some of the grain with things like flax meal. It's going to be harder but I think we can do it! I'm also getting ready to try a "no added salt" challenge. I'll keep ya posted!

1 comment:

Stac-face said...

If you end up doing this, you should write another post about what kinds of raw food you eat! I'm curious about that and have wanted to try it for a while!