Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Detox

 My life has been kind of crazy here the last few weeks! From Alabama to Michigan I have been to 6 states in two weeks! As you can imagine my diet has suffered a little bit. From the hospitality of others to eating on the run I have fluctuated between 15 pounds! Now, normally I would be freaking out, but I really don't need to. I was on vacation one week and mourning the next. By the end of it I honestly didn't have the mental capacity to try and be perfect. It is okay. I am only human. Honestly, my biggest downfalls were too much coffee and adding cheese (we don't do dairy at home). So two days into detox and I'm already down and about 8 pounds from my recent lowest weight. I did notice while I was away. 

1) I didn't drink pop
2) I still did two or three workouts a week
3) I still chose raw veggies when I could

These are things that surprised me but I realized-I have been making these things habits for quite a few months now. They stuck with me even when I wasn't being intentional. 

Habits take time and so much effort but are worth it!!!!

Now to detox. My detox plan is as follows:

-water before coffee
- raw breakfast ( juice and smoothies are great for maximum nutrients. I am replacing a meal with them, not supplementing)
- mostly raw lunch. Maybe a pita or something but veggies are ideal!
-I am being lenient on dinner. Maybe some grain or rice but mostly veggies and closer to their natural state. Now sometimes I like a warm meal and This is when I will take advantage of that. 
-for snacks I'm looking to-take a guess-fruits and veggies and maybe nuts if I just can't kick a craving. 

In two days my body has given me headaches, acne, and nausea. All. Part. Of detox. My body loves and misses bad food so it's gonna throw superficial symptoms at me so I will give in. I'm not gonna!

Basically all I am trying to say is don't give up! Habits take time. Losing inches takes time. Detox, as horrifying as it is, takes time. Keep at it. Work hard! Let me know how I can help :)


No comments: