Tuesday, July 9, 2013

A Reflection

 Sometimes someone tells you a lie. It is usually when you are down and out. It is usually someone you are close to. Someone you trust.
  Sometimes you have to make a choice. You can believe the lie. You can choose to walk away from the lie. You can live in it and dwell in it. You can say, "Lord, could this be true?"
  Sometimes you struggle. You wrestle with the lies. "Must I earn love? Maybe I am not good enough? Maybe I am not who I should be?"
  Sometimes you discover the lie is just that...a lie. You see that you are right where God wants you, and even though it may seem hard, it glorifies Him more than where you think you should be. Where others think you should be.
 Sometimes God sets us out on a long path. A difficult path. He asks you to walk it faithfully. The enemy can try to distract us along this road. We have been set there for a reason.
  Sometimes you remember the hard times. You look and see how far you have come. You have overcame because you have Christ. And He never left you. He walked the walk with you. He made you who you are today. You are beautiful and in good health, you are blessed. You have enough and not too much.
 
Thanking God for how far He has brought me over the years. I feel so much healing and joy in my life. Joy that can spill over into loving my family. Thank you, Lord. For loving me enough to bring me through the hard things and shape me into the beautiful creature I am today.
 
Jeremiah 29:11
   For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

No comments: