Monday, May 2, 2011

Peace

Yesterday our family was driving along an Indiana back road. The temperature was about 73, perfect for rolling down the windows and letting some breeze in. The sun was shining, there were puffy white clouds above and we were driving past little country homes and farmsteads and just admiring the beautiful weather. As we were driving a young woman was jogging and Jamie veered into the other lane to give her space and assure safety. She threw up a peace sign with her fingers in response, as if to say "I'll pass the peace on". Maybe that gesture was really normal to her, maybe she gives people the peace sign all the time. I just know it gave me such a good feeling and just completed that moment for me.

 Maybe I'll try to pass some peace on to someone today.

No comments: