Saturday, December 3, 2011

 Today is a strange day for me. A year ago today I had a miscarriage and I didn't really talk to a whole lot of people about it. Come to think of it I think there are family members that still do not know about it. At the time I didn't even know I was pregnant so I was trying to process it all and I just did not want people to tell me how to feel or how to act, it was just something I needed to work through. Today leaves me with a barrage of emotions. I am sad at lost life. When I look back on the emotions and the entire incident I can still feel the grief. On the other hand I have Jovie and if the other pregnancy would have been successful I wouldn't have Jovie. So I find myself feeling sad for lost life and I feel joy for my Jovie. It's all just strange.

All I can say is that God is good and that He has a plan. One day I will be able to meet our other child, until then I am thankful for the three I have and God's grace.

4 comments:

Jessica May Lords said...

Hey sweetie. I'm sorry for your and Jamie's loss; my sister-in-law miscarried a few years ago and spoke to very, very few people about it. She conceived again just a couple of months later, but I know she still felt the loss, even after her daughter was born. I'm happy you have Jovie and sad about the baby that was lost. Let yourself feel sad when you need to, okay?

Skipper Lou said...

Thanks, Jessica. I really do appreciate it. Love you

Jessica May Lords said...

Love you back. And I'm hoping to start/complete/mail Jovie's picture by Christmas, fingers crossed!

Stac-face said...

I just read this now...don't know why I didn't see it before....

I remember that day when you told me. My heart still breaks when I think about it...I love you so much. Someday we'll all be together and there will be no more sadness...but until that day I just want you to know that Dave and I love you. Call if you ever need anything.