Saturday, April 16, 2011

New Living Room

My husband and I are on a very tight budget, and with our tight budget usually comes lots of hand-me-downs or things we have proudly found on a curb. WELL recently we were so fortunate to come across a FREE recliner and FREE couch from our good buddy Zack. When we moved everything in I quickly realized that every single thing in our living room is cream, white, off white, or tan. OH we have a couple things that are black...but we desperately needed COLOR! SO My hubby loves me enough that he gave me a smaaaalllll budget and this is what I came up with.


First I looked around the room to see what colors I already had going for me...one would be Jubilee's little teal chair...and we have lots of blues and teals coming from the kitchen which can be seen from the living room. After looking at teal living room settings online I saw that I actually LOVE teal and apple red together...a big surprise for myself.


Here is the pillow that I saw first and I just took off with ideas...I love how this is mostly warm colors as the rest of my selections are mostly cool.  I bought TWO of these at Pier 1 Imports for a total of $18 dollars : )


Next I found this fantastic vase! I love the design and color and it was half off at Hobby Lobby totalling $7!The only thing I would like to add to this now is two little red frames, maybe wooden ones I can paint


Here is our clock...$4 at wally world


This fantastic lamp shade was actually a gift from my good friend Marianna : ) but the sheer curtains behind it were only $10


And last to tie it all in I took it upon myself to paint the desk. The drawer still needs another coat but that is no problem. And of course the acrylic paint only cost me $2. Bringing my grand total to $41 dollars : )I would also like to get a teal throw for the back of the couch BUT for now I feel like I have some color in my living room and it is color that makes me feel good.

No comments: