Sunday, March 6, 2011

Today is happy/sad

These are our adorable cats, Sketti and Meatball

Jamie has had both of them for nearly 6 years now.


So today is a sad day. recently Jamie has thought about getting Sketti a new home (the beautiful white one.) She is very high maintenance and we find ourselves not able to give her all the attention she deserves. She doesn't do anything wrong...she just constantly wants food, is very very picky about the liter box, and needs to be brushed more than one every other week ( which I hardly find time for) When Jamie first started talking about relocating her, I just said...absolutely not. I think when you really love a pet, you have a hard time believing anyone could love or care for them in the same way. WELL my mom and dad are here. They are a busy couple who travel about 6 times a year it seems. Dogs don't really fit there lifestyle, but they love animals. With my mom being at home more recently she has found herself wanting a furry companion. I had just made a statement like "Jamie is over Sketti I think" and my mom said...CAN I HAVE HER!? lol Ok maybe not that dramatic, but she didn't skip a beat. I was a little scared at first just because she is so dependent on Meatball sometimes. And vice versa. When we weighed everything out...I realized Meatball has Juju now and Sketti will be able to be groomed all the time (her favorite thing) and will always be...kind of the only child. So I think it will be a good fit, and Mom said if it didn't work out for some reason she will bring her back. She is leaving today, and I know it is gonna be an adjustment. BUT at least I get to see her. Mom has lovingly decided to name her Emi (em-ee) which in Japanese means, beautiful sight or picture. So I think it will be good on all parts...

No comments: