Monday, April 4, 2011

Finding a Local Family

Jamie and I have gone to Crossroads church in Kokomo a couple of times now. At first I was just taken back with how BIG they are! Not so much how many people...but just everything! This church is really contemporary and really modern. The "Kids Town" is super organized! I was so surprised at how many classrooms, volunteers, and thought went into the kids programming. My kids seem to love there time there. Also the church has a great modern worship band! So energizing....AND they have a cafe where you can get breakfast before the service. They have men's groups, women's groups, family groups, small groups, and so many places to give! I was super overwhelmed after the first time we went...but yesterday I felt refreshed! (After lots of thought and a conversation with my mom) I can definitely see this place as a place my family can find a source of refreshment and a place we can build into. The thing I love the most is that everyone is just real. They are at a hard place in their life and they have needs, but it is like hundreds of people just coming together to praise God and put all of our differences and struggles at the alter and just come together for one common thing, to love and praise God and allow Him to meet us where we stand. I love it! I am excited to see how things unfold and what will happen and am thankful that we have a place to worship and get involved at the moment. The pastor said an interesting thing yesterday... he was introducing a couple who were going to dedicate their baby "These two people could go on and live their faith even without a church, and they would do it, they would live in their faith, but they choose to be apart of this church body and this is where God has placed them." I think that is so true...any of us can live out our faith on our own but there is something about being in a body and sharing and building into that is just so important. I also appreciate that they said...the child is molded by the home, the home by the parents, and the parents by the church.  5 months is too long to feel out of the church loop and I am thankful that this is where God has us. 

No comments: